- 3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 pounds boneless beef short ribs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (we find that 1/2 pound of bone-in short ribs per person is a good general rule)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Silver Spring™ Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bottle Silver Spring™ Applewood Smoke Flavored Horseradish
Place carrots and onions in a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker. Place beef on top of vegetables. In a small bowl stir together wine, broth, mustard, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Add broth mixture and bay leaf to cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or on high-setting for 4 ½ to 5 hours. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ribs and vegetables to a serving dish, reserving cooking liquid. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from liquid. Pour some of the cooking liquid over ribs to moisten. Serve with Silver Spring™ Applewood Smoke Flavored Horseradish.
©2021 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods, Inc.