- 1 (3-lb) brisket
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 12oz can cola drink
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 3 oz chopped, cooked brisket
- 1/3 c shredded pepper jack cheese
- Generous tablespoon Silver Spring Chipotle Ranch
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees. Season meat with salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. Place in 13 x 9 inch foil-lined casserole dish. Pour cola over meat. Cover entire pan with foil.
2. Bake in oven 2 to 2 1/2 hours until tender. Turn meat over half way through cooking.
3. Chill meat in juices. When ready to use, skim off congealed fat. Slice or chop meat across the grain before serving.
1. Assemble tortilla in the following order: tortilla, half of Jack cheese, brisket, the other half of the Jack Cheese, Silver Spring Chipotle Ranch, tortilla.
2. Briefly preheat a medium non-stick skillet. Coat pan with a quick spray of cooking oil.
3. Carefully lay tortilla into skillet over medium heat. Press lightly to help the cheese melt and hold everything together. When bottom is golden brown and crisy, spray top tortilla with vegetable spray and turn quesadilla with a spatula. Continue grilling until second side is also brown and crisy.
4. Transfer to cutting board and cut into four or six wedges. We like to use a pizza cutter. Scissors also work well. A knife would be our third choice.
©2021 Silver Spring Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy Silver Spring Foods, Inc.